Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Winter Scrub

I decided the other day that I needed some mid-winter exfoliating.  Apparently I don't exfoliate enough?  Anyway, I looked around online (and on pinterest) for some good scrub recipes.  I found a one that looked good here but I didn't have all the ingredients she had so we had to wing it.  We liked it so much I thought you might as well.

Ingredients:


  • 2 C. Sugar
  • About 1/2 C. of olive oil - more or less is fine.
  • Any combination and amounts of coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter and jojoba oil to equal  another 1/2 C. 
  • 30 drops or so of lavendar essential oil.

As long as your ratio is 1 part oil: 2 parts sugar you'll be fine.

The most import thing for me was....


an adorable assistant.

Our coconut oil, shea butter, and cocoa butter were a bit on the solid side so we warmed them in a jar set down in a pot of warm water.



Next came several spashes of jojoba oil.



Once all those were warmed and mixed well we added the essential oil. 



My sweet little assistant then poured the warm oils into the sugar.



Mix well.




She's such a great helper.


Spoon into jars.


One to keep and one to share. 



This really is a wonderful scrub!  I don't recommend using this while little ones play at your feet in the shower though as it makes the tub floor VERY slippery.   

By itself or paired with our favorite lotion bar it's perfect for Mother's Day, birthday, end of year teacher gifts, Christmas or just because.

Enjoy!


1 comments:

Corduroy Fish said...

Ahem! Yes, it would be perfect for birthday or Mother's Day...

Post a Comment