Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Crooked German Paths

A few weeks ago I found a lovely (and very tiny) yarn shop here in Frankfurt.  Wolle-Boutique Elflein is one my husband had actually found before we arrived and he was also excited for me to be able to take a look. The lady there is so kind and speaks excellent English.  I bought a nice ball of Rowan yarn thinking I would make a warmer hat for myself.  I looked on Ravelry for days to find just the right hat pattern.  I decided on Crooked Paths by Melissa LaBarre. 



My new skills for the week are ssk, k1f/b, and charts!  I learned how to read knitting charts!  I am really enjoying the new pattern.  It's the first one I've actually purchased and I'm very pleased with it.  (It's funny how paying for a pattern will push you to learn the skills you need to use it.)  I did have trouble with the charted row 7 and had to frog the whole thing.  Boo!  But, I figure that's just extra practice and it'll look awesome when I finally get it done. 

I'm reading The Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett but not while I knit.  I just can't do that yet.  Yarning along with Ginny at Small Things again this week. 


 
 
Kristin
 


2 comments:

Anke said...

I'm glad you found a good yarn store in your area. I know I was thrilled to find some after moving to our new home. The yarn is very pretty!

Lori ann said...

thats exciting you found a yarn store and learning new skills! the hat is going to be so lovely!

Post a Comment